embracing the future
embracing the future
Teknel is active in different fields of space activities. By the Engineering and Program Management Teknel can take part in Institutional and commercial projects. Its Activities are the design, manufacturing, integration and test of Spacecraft Transport Container, Satellite Storage and Transport Containers and Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE).
Ground Support Equipment
Teknel is a recognized supplier of Mechanical and Electrical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE and EGSE). The outstanding experience gathered in these fields has contributed to the success on both the Institutional and the commercial market.
Mechanical Ground Support Equipment
In the area of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) Teknel Organization has engineered and managed the complete system MGSE for International Satellites Programs. Teknel Organization has managed and supplied containers, trolleys, and various other MGSE elements to many national and commercial programs. The experience gathered in the support of satellite prime contractors is making Teknel a competitive partner for the provision of MGSE to space programs. Spacecraft Transport Container > Spacecraft Storage and Transport Containers
- Tilting Trolley
- Tilting / Rotating and Integration trolley
- Horizontal & Vertical Rotating Dolly
- Handling Dolly
- Transport Handling Adapters
- Off-loading system for Very Low Friction SAW suspension system for Solar Array Deployment Test
- Lifting device systems
- Handling device systems
- Test stands
- Integration trolley.
The experience gained by Teknel in its core field of activities gives us the capabilities to develop, manufacture, integrate and test all kinds of equipment requiring innovative ideas and fast turnaround. With a very high number of projects managed and performed to date by our Organizational Structure, Teknel has become an expert in the development, the provision and the operation of highly sensitive and delicate equipment, providing a very high level of satisfaction to its customers.
Spacecraft and Satellite Transport and Storage Container
Pressurized and non-pressurized Transport and Storage Containers for road and air transport and for long term storage of satellites and subsystems. Based on a large number of available designs, Teknel delivers Spacecraft Containers tailored to the specific requirements of customers worldwide. The containers provide a controlled environment for the spacecraft.
- compatibility with road, sea and aircraft transportation (Airbus Beluga, Antonov 124, Boeing 747)
- Fulfillment of IATA requirements for air transport
- High passive thermal performance and self-powered active thermal contro
- N2-pressurization system with automatic control of internal overpressure, as well as emergency venting and breathing capability.
Alternatively various types of free breathing containers have been designed and delivered:
- Support for various configurations (dry/wet) of the spacecraft and for different types of satellites via adequately adaptable, helicable damping systems
- Clean room compatibility up to cc100, if so requested
- Remotely controlled hydraulic opening of the lid
- Extendable lid to cope with various spacecraft dimensions and to reduce transportation height for empty transport
- Integrated and/or removable remote-controlled tilting unit for the spacecraft
- Active environmental control of the inner atmosphere
- Electronic shock recording during transport and storage.
The typical configuration of a spacecraft transport and storage container is a base frame, a thermally insulated tub and a removable lid with external thermal insulation. The top is a pressure vessel enclosure or a panel construction to provide the best load capability with minimum dimensions. The joint between the removable lid and container base is sealed by an inflatable seal. Quick release latches fix the lid to the base. Joints are bonded or welded to minimize sealing problems.
For high mass satellites, carbon-and stainless steel is chosen. In any case the material for the interface to the spacecraft adapter is aluminum alloy. Aluminum alloy can be used as structural material if lightweight and non magnetic properties are of major importance. Environmental requirements are maintained by efficient passive thermal insulation, thermal control units with heating/cooling capability and air drying / filtering systems (for pressurized containers self-regulating nitrogen overpressure systems).
For container autonomy a diesel generator is part of the environmental package. A helicable damping system attenuates shock and vibration. Instrumentation fitted comprises a monitoring system for recording of shock, pressure, temperature and humidity. In-facility mobility of the container is assisted by braked, swivel-lock castors, which can be retracted for transport.
The typical qualification process comprises tests for:
- Functional sequence
- Gas tightness
- Dynamic response (drop test, road test)
- Thermal behavior
- Water spray test
- Electrical bonding test.